Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas, Christmas you have come again you pretty one!

After 2011 this is my first Christmas back in Brazil. When I was there I was always thinking about this time, and all the Christmas food and the panettones (I even had an experience of trying to find them in Rotterdam, lol) the rice with raisins, farofa, the turkey, ham... But besides all the food, I was also thinking about the warmth, not only the weather, but the people who bring warmth, the type of heat when you feel when you are really close by ;-)

It was very nice to see everybody again for Christmas. The hugging, kissing, laughing, eating and drinking together. I could remember that during the Christmas dinner in my family we are used to have a moment when we share a word from the Bible and we pray. At this moment, we try not to give in to the hunger but we get other type of food. This may seem a bit hard for some, but I confess I am really happy about this tradition. This seems to be another type of main course served. It makes me so happy.

After so many years celebrating Christmas in a different way, a moment such as this one when we stop to listen and to pray, is a fantastic thing. It's almost rare to find nowadays, and I think it's such a pity. In Brazil is not that rare, we can see this happening sometimes or at least people would not find it weird to see it happening and they might enjoy and find it amusing, even when they don't share the exact type of faith. We tend to respect and listen and know when to speak and when to be silent.

What a pleasant Christmas night. I am really proud of my family, even with all our mistakes and faults. If we remain in God we will grow as a family and we will learn to improve and become better. Once we abuse of love, truth, honesty, simplicity we can improve our unity even more.

I say, hurrah to the family! And to all the nice Christmas in the world, where we all learn that family is not only the ones blood related, but also the people who really care and respect and love us and are willing to go on next to us, living our lives!

Cheers! Let all Christmas come! Beautiful ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment