Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bye now, take care!

Recently I moved to this place which, by the way, 5 years ago, I was very nearby looking for an apartment... Funny how life goes. I still remember the day I parked the car near the park and I was sitting on this bench and thinking how strangely home I felt. I don't know why, but it just felt like home that day, it was a day somewhere between June and October 2011... Anyways, now I am living near this place. Really nice!

So today I was just leaving the door when I heard my neighbor arriving at his apartment next to mine and I waited for him to come upstairs to introduce myself. This was the first time I saw him. So far I just heard footsteps and now I could see his face hahaha. So I introduced myself and ... (I don't remember his name now, jeezz... :P But well, I doubt he remembers mine either! ;-) hehehe ) but oke, we had a little chit chat. The chit chat people!!! Neighbors being neighbors! Yep! He is from Germany but lives here for more than 10 years.

The thing about the chit chat is that, well, sometimes we may get these awkward silences or pauses or we may not know how to end the conversations, specially when you don't know the other person very well, of course, it's much different when you know each other, but well... Anyways... I sometimes need to learn to be comfortable with silence or just say something normal like normal people say such as: "Nice meeting you, bye now!". "Hey, have a nice evening, take care now!" But no... no, I, of course, had to say: "Oh, ok! Well, if you need anything, just let me know". I will repeat that: "If you need anything, just let me know".... Do you copy that?! HAHAHA!  huh? yep... So I paused... I thought to myself: "What did I just say?" :D

Am I hearing myself now? "If you need anything, let me know". Do I really mean that? Do we hear ourselves sometimes? Now all of a sudden I am saying that if he needs something he can let me know. Hahahaha! Of course it may sound strange, but the bottom line was that I am there and in case he would need something, just being friendly, showing some neighborly support and all. Of course, we are living on this planet for a reason besides working, paying taxes, eating and doing our stuff. We are people and by that I mean human beings with feelings and hearts and we care.

But this statement is not totally true... Cause, it got me thinking, on the other hand, if he would need chocolate? If he would need MY CHOCOLATE? Aaaahhhhhh my friend.... I am terribly sorry! I am Sooooo sorry for ya! He would better keep his own at home cause or else, I can't help you, dear neighbor! Bye now! Bye... Take care now!

No comments:

Post a Comment